Possible Scenarios for Account Verification Testing
Account verification is one of the most common functionalities of any application. In most cases, it generally involves clicking on a verification link sent in an email. To help testers test this feature, we have listed down some account verification testing scenarios in this article.
Account verification testing scenarios
- Verify the ‘happy path’ scenario. Click the verification link and check if account is successfully verified.
- Instead of clicking the link in email, copy that link and paste it in browser window.
- Try verifying the account with expired verification link.
- Verify if user has an option to resend the verification email. This point is important because in some cases, user may delete the email and may not have further options for account verification.
- If user has an option to resend the verification email, verify if user is able to resend the email correctly. Similarly, check that user is not able to verify an account from the old verification link.
- Try to use the same verify link multiple times and verify if application is behaving as expected.
- In some applications, user will have to be logged in to verify the account. In that case, try verification without logging in and verify application behavior.
- Try using verification link of any other user account and verify application behavior.
- Tamper the verification link URL. You can do this by using some browser add-ons available specifically for this purpose.
- Interrupt the account verification process such as by closing the browser or disconnecting from Internet. Verify if application is able to handle this interruption gracefully.
- Apart from these, you may want to do account verification testing from a mobile device. This is especially important if you are testing a mobile app.
Do you know any other scenarios apart from these for account verification testing? Why not share it with fellow testers in comments?
Really helpful content. Thanks for sharing this. Worth going through it.
nice one. helps a lot to understand. thnaks