This article is a continuation of our ISTQB preparation series. As always we have listed out 25 questions for you to practice for ISTQB Foundation Level examination. Answers are provided at the end of the exercise.
1. One of the fields on a form contains a text box, which accepts alphabets in lower or upper case. Identify the invalid equivalence class value.
2. Which of the following will be the best definition for testing?
A. The goal/purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program works.
B. The purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program is defect free.
C. The purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program does what it is supposed to do.
D. Testing is executing Software for the purpose of finding defects.
3. Cost of the reviews will not include:
A. Review process itself
B. Metrics analysis
C. Tool support.
D. Process improvement.
4. Which of the following is NOT part of configuration management:
A. Status accounting of configuration items
B. Auditing conformance to ISO9001
C. Identification of test versions
D. Record of changes to documentation over time
E. controlled library access
5. The difference between re-testing and regression testing is:
A. Re-testing is running a test again; regression testing looks for unexpected side effects
B. Re-testing looks for unexpected side effects; regression testing is repeating those tests
C. Re-testing is done after faults are fixed; regression testing is done earlier
D. Re-testing uses different environments, regression testing uses the same environment
E. Re-testing is done by developers, regression testing is done by independent testers
6. Function/Test matrix is a type of:
A. Interim Test report
B. Final test report
C. Project status report
D. Management report
7. Deciding How much testing is enough should take into account :-
i. Level of Risk including Technical and Business product and project risk
ii. Project constraints such as time and budget
iii. Size of Testing Team
iv. Size of the Development Team
A. i,ii,iii are true and iv is false
B. i,,iv are true and ii is false
C. i,ii are true and iii,iv are false
D. ii,iii,iv are true and i is false
8. Consider the following state transition diagram of a switch. Which of the following represents an invalid state transition?A. OFF to ON
B. ON to OFF
C. FAULT to ON
9. Which of the following provides the biggest potential cost saving from use of CAST?
A. Test management
B. Test design
C. Test planning
D. Test execution
10. Faults found by users are due to:
A. Poor quality software
B. Poor software and poor testing
C. Bad luck
D. Insufficient time for testing
11. When software reliability measures are used to determine when to stop testing, the best types of test cases to use are those that
A. Exercise system functions in proportion to the frequency they will be used in the released product
B. Push the system beyond its designed operation limits and are likely to make the system fail
C. Exercise unusual and obscure scenarios that may not have been considered in design
D. Exercise the most complicated and the most error-prone portions of the system
12. A field failure occurs when multiple users access a system. Which of the following is true?
A. This is an acceptable risk of a multi-user system.
B. Insufficient functional testing has been performed.
C. This indicates an important non-functional requirement was not specified and tested.
D. It is not possible to test against such events prior to release.
13. One of the following is not a part of white box testing as per BS7925-II standards.
A. Random testing
B. Data Flow testing.
C. Statement testing.
D. Syntax testing.
14. Preparing and automating test cases before coding is called
A. Test first approach
B. Test-driven development
C. Both A. & B.
D. None of the above
15. Match the following:
1. Test estimation
2. Test control
3. Test monitoring
a. Measures of tracking process
b. Effort required to perform activities
c. Reallocation of resources
A. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a
B. 1-b, 2-a, 3-c
C. 1-c, 2-a, 3-b
D. 1-a, 2-b, 3-c
16. What is the smallest number of test cases required to Provide 100% branch coverage?
17. Capture and replay facilities are least likely to be used to ____
A. Performance testing
B. Recovery testing
C. GUI testing
D. User requirements.
18. Testing should be stopped when:
A. All the planned tests have been run
B. Time has run out
C. All faults have been fixed correctly
D. Both A. and C.
E. It depends on the risks for the system being tested
19. Which one of the following are non-functional testing methods?
A. System testing
B. Usability testing
C. Performance testing
D. Both B & C
20. Repeated Testing of an already tested program, after modification, to discover any defects introduced or uncovered as a result of the changes in the software being tested or in another related or unrelated software component:
A. Re Testing
B. Confirmation Testing
C. Regression Testing
D. Negative Testing
21. In system testing
A. Both functional and non-functional requirements are to be tested
B. Only functional requirements are tested; non-functional requirements are validated in a review
C. Only non-functional requirements are tested; functional requirements are validated in a review
D. Only requirements which are listed in the specification document are to be tested
22. Minimum Test Required for Statement Coverage:
Disc = 0
Order-qty = 0
If Order-qty >=20 then
Disc = 0.05
If Order-qty >=100 then
A. Statement coverage is 4
B. Statement coverage is 1
C. Statement coverage is 3
D. Statement Coverage is 2
23. Black-box testing technique is also called as structure based technique
24. Which of the following tools is most likely to contain a comparator?
A. Dynamic Analysis tool.
B. Test Execution tool.
C. Static Analysis tool.
D. Security tool.
25. This part of a program is given. How many decisions should be tested in this code in order to achieve 100% decision coverage?
WHILE (condition A)
Hope you have enjoyed the exercise above. Never miss the future posts about ISTQB preparation by subscribing to our feed. And let us know your feedback in comments.