Certifications are important for any software professionals to improve on their technical skills. Certified professionals are more sought after in job market as they are believed to be more technically competent. Here we have listed down some software testing certifications which would be helpful to QA professionals.
Software Testing Certifications
- ISTQB: Intended to help software testers to be more efficient and effective in their work, through the certification of competencies. ISTQB has 3 levels of certification – Foundation Level, Advanced Level and Expert Level. This software testing certification is the most widely recognized and fastest-growing software test certification in the world. Click here for more details.
- CSTE: The Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification is intended to establish standards for initial qualification and provide direction for the testing function through an aggressive educational program. Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Tester (CSTE) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality control in the IT profession. Click here for more details.
- CSTP: Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) is to teach individuals from different disciplines sound and effective testing techniques and methods and to certify them as Software Testing Professionals. This exam has 3 levels – Associate level, Practitioner level and Master level. Click here for more details.
- CSQA: Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality assurance in the IT profession. Candidates are tested on their knowledge and practice of the skill areas. Click here for more details.
- CMSQ: The Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST) certification establishes a worldwide standard for the assessment of the capabilities and competencies of software testing professionals that are working at, or soon will work at, the software testing management level. Click here for more details.
- CQIA: The Certified Quality Improvement Associate has a basic knowledge of quality tools and their uses and is involved in quality improvement projects, but doesn’t necessarily come from a traditional quality area. Click here for more details.
We would be adding more such certification list in this list. Let us know about views about these software testing certifications in comments below.